What Is A Novated Lease?
A Novated Lease Explained.
A Novated Lease is a simple agreement where you finance the vehicle, and then make the rental payments from your pre-tax income approved by your employer, therefore reducing your taxable income and saving you money. It is a three-way agreement between yourself (the employee), the finance company and your employer. For the employer it is an easy, flexible and cost-effective way to add value to your remuneration package. It is a great way for them to reward and retain existing employees and attract new employees.
For you a Novated Lease is a great way for you to finance a new vehicle and pay its running costs with your pre-tax dollars through a salary sacrifice arrangement. With a Novated Lease you decide on the vehicle you want, how long you want to lease the vehicle, and then we work out a tailored monthly payment for you.
You then get to enjoy the use of the vehicle during the lease, with pre-tax dollars. At the end of the lease you can choose to pay the residual value: with cash, trade it in and get a new Novated Lease, or re-finance the residual and continue the lease. If you change employers, and your new employer agrees, it is simple to Re-Novate your Lease through your new employer.
Benefits Of A Novated Lease For the Employee.
- Greater flexibility with the choice of a car,
- Access to fleet discounts on a new purchase,
- Can be used with used cars, and if you already own your car, you may also have the option of sale and leaseback,
- Potential for significant income tax savings as the vehicle may be paid with pre-tax dollars which can result in significant savings, especially for those on higher tax brackets,
- GST on vehicle purchase price and running costs is claimable, therefore a Great Tax Saving
- The vehicle may be leased for 100% private use with no need for logbooks and a Novated Lease can be even more cost effective if you use your vehicle for business,
- More than one vehicle may be leased with an employers consent which means you can also have a novated lease for a spouse's vehicle,
- Flexible contract terms ranging from 12 to 60 months (one to five years),
- Fixed interest rate and fixed monthly lease rentals so costs are known in advance,
- At the end of lease, you have the option to own the vehicle, trade it in or refinance the residual,
- Because the vehicle stays with the employee, it can be transferred to a new employer if you change jobs,
- Non-maintained or fully maintained packages are available.
Benefits Of A Novated Lease for Employers.
- A Novated Lease is an easy and cost-effective way to add value to an employee's remuneration package which can greatly aid recruitment and retention,
- Time and costs associated with management and disposal of the vehicle are not the employer's responsibility (no more company cars treated like hire cars!),
- On termination of the employees employment, the responsibility of the vehicle is passed on to the employee greatly reducing the outstanding liability for the employer,
- A Novated Lease is potentially a cost effective alternative to operating a fleet of company vehicles ,
- A Novated Lease helps preserve working capital, No capital outlay required,
- Tax deductions are available when the vehicle is used for business purposes,
- If you are registered for GST, then the GST component of the payments can be claimed back,
Fully Maintained Novated Lease
With a Fully Maintained Novated Lease, in addition to your monthly rental, we can also take care of all the ongoing maintenance for you. That includes registration, insurance, servicing, tyres, roadside assist and even your fuel. With a Novated Lease you can select a range of different options to be included and they are rolled into one, fixed monthly payment.
And for employers we can even look after all the administration for you. So if you are after a simple and easy way to finance your vehicle then a Fully Maintained Novated Lease is a great option for a Novated Lease.
Download your iLeaseDirect App for fast and easy information for busy people on the go...